UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2018 : The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has started the registration for the Civil Services preliminary examination 2018 on February 7. The last date to submit the application form is March 6 and the prelims will be held on June 3. This year, the commission has invited application to fill 782 vacancies in various government offices. Last year, UPSC had released notification to recruit around 980 officers which were considered lowest in the past five years, this year it further goes down.
Total Vacancies: 782
Name of Posts:
• Indian Administrative Service.
• Indian Foreign Service.
• Indian Police Service.
• Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
• Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
• Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
• Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
• Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
• Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
• Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
• Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
• Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
• Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
• Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
• Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
Educational Qualification: The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification. (More Details: Please Read Official Notification)
Age Limit: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2018 (More Details: Please Read Official Notification)
Fees: Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI. Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 05.03.2018 i.e. one day before the closing date; however applicants who have generated their Pay-in- Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reasons whatsoever, even if holding valid pay-in-slip will have no other offline option but to opt for available online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 18:00 Hours of 06.03.2018.
Exam pattern: In the Civil Services examination, a candidate has to appear for preliminary examination where objective type question will be asked. Selected candidates will then have to sit for the main exam followed by the interview round
How to Apply?
The registration is divided into two parts — Part-I and Part-II. The last date to submit the application form is by March 6 (6 pm). Candidate have to read instructions and press “I agree” button after he /she finds that information supplied by him /her is in order and no correction is required.
A registration number will be generated which candidate has to note down. The applicant has to pay the fees and select the centre, upload scanned photograph and signature. After completing the application, an auto-generated email will be sent to the registered email-id.
Last Date: 06-03-2018 till 18:00 Hrs