Shree Somnath Sanskrit University External Courses Admission 2016: Shree Somnath Sanskrit University has published notification for External Admission November -December Admission 2016.you can check Shree Somnath Sanskrit University External Courses Admission 2016 from below .
Shree Somnath Sanskrit University External Courses Admission 2016
Sheree Somnath Sanskrit University External Courses Admission November -December 2016
Organization Name: Shree Somnath Sanskrit Univesity ,Junagadh
Exam /Admission Type: External
Course :UG/ PG
- Last Date for Admission :30-09-2016
- Last Date for Admission (With Late Fee):07-10-2016
Important Link for Shree Somnath Sanskrit University External Courses Admission 2016
01. Advertisement Download
02. Rules of External Shastri and Acharya Admission Download
03. Instruction for Filling the form Download
04. Challan Download
05. Shastri-SEM-01 Reg. Form Download
06. Shastri-SEM-01 Rep. Form Download
07. Shastri-SEM-03 Reg./Rep. Form Download
08. Shastri-SEM-05 Reg./Rep. Form Download
09. Acharya-SEM-01 Reg. Form Download
10. Acharya-SEM-01 Rep. Form Download
11. Acharya-SEM-03 Reg. Form Download
About Shree Somnath Sanskrit University:Shree Somnath Sanskrit University, Veraval was established by Government of Gujarat through an Act of Legislative Assembly passed on April 1, 2005. University Grants Commission gave approval under section 2 (f) and included it in the list of recognized Universities on February 17, 2006. Academic Sessions of Colleges began from June 2006 and Post Graguate Sahitya Department was established on July 20, 2006. It is the Public State University with Sanskrit as its medium of instruction, having 7 Faculties, 1 Constituent College, wherein more than 283 students on campus are pursuing higher studies under the care and supervision of 21 teaching (16 Permanent) and 32 (21 Permanent) supporting staff members. More than 4141 students are registered in the University affiliated Colleges/Institutes/Centers in the academic year 2014-15.
Until date, University has given academic affiliation to 35 Colleges/Institutions including University Sanskrit College and one B.Ed. College accross Gujarat. At present, 25 Diploma Centers and 38 P.G.D.C.A. Study Centers are functioning presently. Further, University has given approval to the world famous ‘ARSH’ – Akshardham Research Institute for Social Harmony, Gandhinagar and Tattvajnan Mandir Research Institute, Modasa as Research Institutes.
It is the only special Sanskrit University of Gujarat as it offers a wide range of courses in Sāhitya, Jyotiṣa, Vāstuṡāstra, Veda, Vyākaraṇa, Navya Vyākaraṇa, Rāmānuja Vedānta, Swāminārāyaṇa Vedānta, Sarva Darṡana, Navya Nyāya, Dharmaṡāstra, Purāṇaṡāstra, Paurohityam and Yoga. It gives an opportunity for education starting from Certificate Course to Ph.D. In addition to this, English, Computer Applications, Gujarati, Hindi and Sociology are also offered at affiliated Colleges across Gujarat. University conducts its academic programmes under C.B.C.S. (Choice Based Credit System) and Semester System from the academic year 2011-12.
Ṡāradā Bhavana, the University Library contains around 7,000 volumes. Pujya Shri Morari Bapu has made a generous donation of rupees 3 lacs for procuring reference books in Sanskrit and he has inaugurated it on October 17, 2013. It was named as ‘Triveni Refernece Library’ in the pious memory of Shri K.K. Shastri, Pujya Dongare Maharaj and Pujya Virag Muni. It gives the facility of reading room, issue & return, reference and referal services, book bank, old question papers, selling of University publications as well as University Granth Nirman Board publications etc. at its ouset. Efforts have been made to keep sufficient number of text books for students and basic reference books for the faculty and scholars.
University has state of art Computer Lab with more than 25 PCs. All the departments of the University are accessible through intercom facility. University is ICT enabled.
FEATURES OF THE UNIVERSITY
- In keeping with the Vedic tradition, Yajña is performed daily in the Yajñaṡālā prepared by the University.
- A University Sanskrit College was established at Veraval in the academic year 2007-08. A Shiksha Shastri (B.Ed.) college was also established at Bhagwat Vidyapith, Sola in the same academic year.
- Apart from Shastri (B.A.), Shiksha Shastri (B.Ed.) and Acharya (M.A.) courses the University has set up its centres all over Gujarat for conducting various Diploma and Certificate courses on Temple Management, Paurohitya (Karmakanda), Jyotisha, Vastushastra, Yoga, Spoken Sanskrit and PGDCA.
- The University runs two self-finance research centres at 1) Modasa and 2) ARSH – Akshardham, Gandhinagar.
- Along with the already existing Post-Graduate Sahitya Department, the Veda Department was started at the main centre of the University from the academic year 2007-08. Post-Graduate Vyakarana, Darshana, Jyotisha and Purana Departments were also started at the University main centre in the academic year 2014-15. University approved colleges have various Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate Departments like Sāhitya, Jyotiṣa, Vāstuṡāstra, Veda, Vyākaraṇa, Navya Vyākaraṇa, Rāmānuja Vedānta, Swāminārāyaṇa Vedānta, Sarva Darṡana, Navya Nyāya, Dharmaṡāstra, Purāṇaṡāstra, Paurohityam. Subjects like English, Computers, Hindi, Gujarati, Economics, History, Sociology and Psychology are taught at Under-Graduate level as complementary and compulsory subjects.
- In the examinations of various Diploma courses, Certificate courses and in the first two years of the Shastri course, the medium of answering is Hindi, Sanskrit, Gujarati or English. However, in the third year exams of the Shastri course, Acharya course, M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses, the medium of answering is Sanskrit only.
- The University has collaborated with various technical institutions for facilitating research oriented courses in Jyotiṣa, Vāstuṡāstra and Temple Management.
- The University organizes Yuvaka Mahotsava (Youth Festival) every year. Various literary, cultural and sports competitions are organized as a part of the Yuvaka Mahotsava.
- The University also organizes various Conferences, Seminars, Workshops and Training Programs of State, National and International Level.
- There is also a provision for external examinations at the University.
- Students who have passed 12th standard or Madhyamā exam or any other equivalent exam are eligible for admission in Shastri first year at any of the Colleges affiliated to the University. The students who have passed 12th standard in Science or Commerce stream, or those who did not opt for Sanskrit subject in their 12th standard are also eligible for admission in Shastri first year. Necessary guidance regarding the bridge course (Conversational Sanskrit) for such students is available at the University.
- Students who have completed B. A. with Sanskrit as their main subject or Graduated with Shastri (Graduated with 10+2+3 years of education) pattern are eligible for admission in Acharya first year on merit basis.
- The courses offered by Shree Somnath Sanskrit University like Shastri (B.A.), Acharya (M.A.), Shiksha Shastri (B.Ed.), Tattvacharya (M.Phil.), Vidyavaridhi (Ph.D.), Diploma and Certificate course are designed to empower the students build their career in various fields. Students become capable enough to develop their own models of earning their livelihood. The knowledge of English and Computer imparted at the University prepares the students to tap into opportunities to work abroad. The University Graduates join as teachers in schools and colleges. They are also eligible for writing various competitive exams and serving on various posts in Government Offices, Police and Defence Institutions. They can also acquire Administrative posts by attempting GPSC and UPSC examinations. They can also enter into the Academics by writing NET and SLET exams.
- Girl students can excel as professionals by mastering subjects like Jyotiṣa, Vāstu, Karmakāṇḍa and Conversational Sanskrit. These subjects may also be pursued as hobbies. Women also have an option of studying these courses from home or by joining any of the Sanskrit Colleges spread across Gujarat. Students studying in other Universities are eligible to join any of the Diploma and Certificate courses offered by Shree Somnath Sanskrit University. Admission for these courses are accepted in the months of January and June of every year.
- Revival and propagation of Indian culture, creation of cultured citizens, propagation of Sanskrit language, cultivation of moral values, strengthening our traditions and correlating them with modern wisdom are among the most important objectives of the University.
- University intends to start M.Ed. Department, a College of Ayurveda and courses on Vāstuṡāstra and Architecture in collaboration with other Technical Institutions.
- Comparative research on Vāstu and Engineering, Paurohityam and Chemistry, Jyotiṣa and Mathematics-Astronomy will be undertaken at the University in collaboration with Institutions in the field of respective modern sciences.
FACILITIES AVAILABLE AT THE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS
- Quality teaching by teachers expert in their respective subjects
- Special training in Sanskrit speaking and Sanskrit writing
- An opportunity to expand the horizons of knowledge by participating in various State-level and National-level Seminars organized by the University
- Training in oral and written expression in Sanskrit through various competitions such as Elocution competition,Stotra-chanting competition, Ṡloka-chanting competition (from the Bhagavad Gītā, Bhāgavata Puraṇa,Upaniṣads etc.)
- A rich library for easy access to valuable books and other reference material
- Hostel facilities with boarding to the students are free
- All necessary equipments and a large playground at the University for various indoor and outdoor games
- English and Computers are offered as compulsory subjects at Under-Graduate level. The University, therefore, houses a Computer Laboratory equipped with all the modern facilities
- At Shree Somnath Sanskrit University, B.A. Course is referred to as Shastri and M.A. Course is referred to asAcharya
- Choice Based Credit System (C.B.C.S.) and Semester System are followed at Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate levels
- The University makes advertisements regarding its M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses from time to time and students are admitted to these courses through University level entrance exams
- Manuscriptology and Textual Criticism are also taught at the University