Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) Exam 2018 : GSET 2017 Gujarat SET Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
The Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) Agency, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara Has Published Notification For Gujarat State Eligibility Test(GSET) Exam 2017 . More Details are as given below.
The Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) Agency, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara is a Nodal Agency recognized by the UGC, New Delhi for conducting the Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) for Lectureship / Assistant Professor since 2002.
Strictly adhering to the guidelines stipulated by the UGC-NET Bureau, Gujarat SET Agency , The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda is conducting State Eligibility Test to make rigorous merit based selection for the entry level of teaching profession. Currently GSET is conducting test in Twenty Three (23) subjects at Six (6) Examination Centers spread across the Gujarat State.
Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) Exam 2018
Exam Name : Gujarat State Eligibility Test(GSET) Exam 2018
Official Website: www.gujaratset.ac.in
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the gset who have completed / are studying in the final year or semester of a ugc specified master’ s degree.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (general) (without rounding off) in master’s degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in humanities (including languages) and social science, computer science & applications, sciences are eligible for this test. The other backward classes (obc) belonging to non-creamy layer / scheduled caste (sc)/scheduled tribe (st)/ physically handicapped (ph)/ visually handicapped (vh) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.
Exam Structure and Scheme:
- The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held in two separate sessions as under:
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of 2 marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any 50. In the event of the candidate attempting more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- All questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
Syllabus of Test:
- Syllabus for GSET Exam will be the same as UGC / CSIR NET. Syllabus for all Gujarat SET(GSET) subjects can be downloaded from the GSET Website www.gujaratset.ac.in . GSET Agency, Vadodara will not send the syllabus to individual candidates.
Procedure & Criteria for Declaration of Result :
This will comprise of following steps:
- Step I : Minimum marks to be obtained in Gujarat SET (GSET) for considering a candidate for eligibility for lectureship:
The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III as given below:
- Step II: Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a merit list will be prepared subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
- Step III: Top 15% candidates (for each subject and category), from the merit list mentioned under step II, will be declared Gujarat SET (GSET) qualified for eligibility for lectureship.
It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by GSET is final and binding.
There is no provision of re – evaluations of papers.
- Rs. 800/- – General / SEBC (Non-creamy layer) Candidates.
- Rs. 700/- – SC / ST / PWD (PH/VH) / Transgender Candidates.
07 Vallabh Vidyanagar
Mode of Payments :
- The candidate is expected to Generate Computerised Bank Challan Form in triplicate (Bank Copy, GSET Copy & Candidate’s Copy) as given in the Notification.
- All the three copies of the Challan Form have to be submitted in any branch of Corporation Bank, within the Gujarat State and selected cities(Mumbai and Delhi) outside State of Gujarat, along with the necessary Examination fee and the Bank fee of Rs.25/-.
- Candidates can deposit the requisite fee in Corporation Bank only after 24 hours of downloading the challan from GSET Website and Register online immediately after payment of the fee.
- The bank will retain one copy and return two copies of the challan to the candidate.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to keep and preserve GSET copy and Candidate’s Copy of the challan with him/her for future reference.
- The candidate should note that the printout of online Application Form, bank challan or any other certificate or document is not required to be sent to Gujarat State Eligibility test office, Vadodara before he / she is declared as qualified in the GSET Exam,
- After declaration result of GSET Exam, if candidate is declared as qulified, GSET copy of Bank Challan have to be mandatorily submitted along with the printout of online Application Form, Original Hall Ticket and other certificates at the time of document verification at Gujarat State Eligibility test office, Vadodara.
- Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
How to Apply GSET Exam:
- The candidates must read the ‘ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA’ carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the Test before filling the online application and submitting the printout of Online Application Forms. Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at GSET website and also to be shortly published in the Local Newspapers and Employment News.
- Candidate seeking admission to the Test must apply online through a link ” REGISTER ONLINE FOR GSET EXAM” available on the GSET website: www.gujaratset.ac.in.
Important Dates for GSET Exam 2017:
- Starting of Fee Collection: 09-04-2018
- Last day for Fee Collection: 14-05-2018
- Starting of Online Registration: 09-04-2018 (Morning 11.00 hrs)
- Last day for Online Application Submission: 15-05-2018 (till – evening 06.00 hrs
- Date of Examination: 30-09-201
Important Link for GSET Exam 2018:
- Official Website : http://www.gujaratset.ac.in/index.php